Thursday, May 31, 2012

Recent 1-Session Painting

I did this painting yesterday at the uninstructed model workshop, which was probably around 3.5 or 4 hours. Every session lays out all my flaws and weak areas! This is both humbling and extremely helpful because it spurs me on to paint more and think about what I need to improve for next week.
Yesterday's lesson learned involves color and fluorescent lights. The model was standing under a normal light bulb, but the light on my easel was from the overhead fluorescents. My color seemed fine the whole time I was painting, but I took one look at it outside in daylight and lo and behold, it was WAY too orange-y yellow. So in the interest of not making figure paintings whose flesh resembles the Simpsons, I'm going to keep in the mind the influence of the light temperature on the final painting's color.




1 comment:

  1. i knew it! you're a badass! its written all over the napkin.

    ReplyDelete